Here at 1502Fabrics, we believe that doing it yourself is the best way to do it! From simply DIY projects such as knitting a scarf to larger projects, such as reupholstering a couch, there’s no end to the fun and possibly.
After all, there’s nothing quite like the feel of completing your project and saying, “I made that!” If you’re a DIY expert, you’ve probably got a good hand on crafting supplies that you need to get you through each project. However, if you’re new to DIY, it can be intimating to walk into your local craft supply shop. Here’s a list of some basic essentials to begin building your craft supply kit:
- A great pair of fabric scissors. Fabric scissors are sharper and pointier than regular old office scissors, allowing you to achieve a crisper, cleaner edge.
- Masking or painters tape. Masking or painters tape will carry you through a number of DIY projects. Whether you’re designing and sewing a kitchen apron or spray painting a vase or piece of class décor, these tapes are sure to come in handy. They can be used to mark a spot, without leaving a permanent mark, or, for creating an even line when painting.
- A hot glue gun. You’ll find yourself reaching for a hot glue gun time and time again. Hot glue allows for quick and strong adhering for a number of different materials.
- Pencils. This may be a no-brainer, but it’s an essential for any project! From sketching ideas and taking notes to making discrete measuring marks, you don’t want to be without this staple!
- Clips of décor or crafting magazines. A little inspiration never hurt anybody! If you’re unsure of where to begin as you embark as a crafting, sift through some magazines! See a floral upholstery fabric that you love? Tear it out and save it! See a photo of a gallery wall that sparks intrigue? Keep it on hand! These images will surely spark some design inspiration for your next big project!