Last time we got you thinking about some of the best ways to plan your outdoor patio space to ensure that you get the most use out of the area. Now let’s dive in a little deeper. Here are some specific ideas you can use to give your patio the punch it needs!
- First and foremost, you should decide what shape your patio ought to be. Square patios work great for highly structured yards. Free-form patios give you a more natural look.
- You then need to decide on the materials for the patio. Concrete is the least expensive – and they’re utilitarian. If you want a more natural look, you can also choose traditional brick, flagstone, or natural stone.
- Adding a water feature can be both aesthetically pleasing and functional. A small fountain or a pool could be an excellent choice.
- It’s always a good idea to surround the patio area with insect-repelling plants. Basil, pennyroyal, and lavender work very well.
- Plan for some lighting, too. Candles, torches, gas lights, electric lights, and strings of small lights can extend your patio’s use into the evening.
- Of course, once you have all that planned out, complete the look with outdoor upholstery fabricon some practical pieces of outdoor furniture.
If you’ve made a great patio, we’d love to see pictures!